Dentures and Partials – Blackwell, OK
Sturdy and Reliable Tooth Loss Solutions
Have you suffered significant tooth loss? Whether you’re short several teeth throughout an arch, or you’re entirely edentulous (without teeth), full or partial dentures in Blackwell, OK may be able to restore your smile. Dr. Neale can custom-craft your prosthesis to restore your ability to speak clearly, speak confidently, and enjoy all of your favorite foods.
What Are Full and Partial Dentures?
- A full denture is a prosthetic that consists of a gum-colored base and a full arch of replacement teeth. It stays in place via natural suction or with the help of a dental adhesive.
- A partial denture replaces multiple teeth throughout an arch. You can think of it like a puzzle piece that fits in exactly where it is needed. Often, clips or other attachments are necessary to help a partial denture stay in place.
Traditional dentures and partials are both reliable ways to replace missing teeth. However, implant-retained dentures and partials are even more secure and long-lasting. When you visit Dr. Neale for your restorative consultation, he will be sure to talk to you about all of your tooth replacement options and recommend the one that is best for your unique situation.
What Advantages Do Dentures and Partial Dentures Offer?
Traditional dentures and partials offer several outstanding advantages:
- They are relatively affordable. Often, insurance policies offer coverage for them.
- As long as they fit well and you use them properly, they are sturdy enough to stand up to most foods.
- A well-made denture is quite natural-looking.
- If you take good care of your prosthetic, you can expect it to last for five years or longer.
- Partial dentures prevent your remaining natural teeth from drifting out of place and leading to a misaligned bite.
Getting the Most out of Your Dentures or Partials
To make sure your dentures last as long as possible, it is important that you clean them daily and keep them moist when you are not wearing them. When you remove them from your mouth, handle them carefully so you do not drop them. Take small bites of food, and distribute it evenly across your mouth so you don’t put undue stress on any one part of your denture.
Dentures or partial dentures have the potential to boost your confidence, improve your appearance, and protect your oral health. To learn more about these treatments or to schedule a consultation, contact professionals at Blackwell Dentistry today.